[Linux-disciples] how to copy dvd

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Mon Feb 14 21:43:28 EST 2005

Hmm.  Sounds impossible.  The biggest DVDs are 8 GB or so.  I would say
there is an error in estimating the size.

There are various ways to split up a DVD, although it's a little
complicated. You can either compress the video to take up less space
(very processor intensive) or split up the chapters (tricky).  If you
want to split up chapters, you need the tools dvdauthor/dvdunauthor. To
compress, I believe video-dvdrip is a GUI frontend to the appropriate
tools (transcode, etc.).