[Linux-disciples] Per-directory Umask Setting?

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Thu May 27 14:46:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 02:23:13PM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> I know I can mount a whole volume with the desired umask (0112) but I
> don't see how to do the specific directory, unless I wanted to make it a
> separate partition and thus mounted separately.

Actually, it turns out this option is only available for FAT filesystems,
not ext{2,3}.  So does anyone know if there is anyway to set system-wide
or mountpoint-wide umask?

/etc/login.defs has a line to define the default UMASK, but changing that
had no effect on my system, even after logging in and out.
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org