[Ny-tech-coop] Hacker spaces

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at kaplowitz.org
Fri Nov 20 15:49:50 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 03:35:48PM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Speaking of which, I promised a vision statement for Free Culture House.
> (well, Nina and I were going to work on that together).
>
> But I don't have time, and won't have time for the forseeable future.
> Better to just admit this now :-).  I can't do much on Free Culture
> House because I'm too busy working on Free Culture; my email box is
> overflowing, and I can't take on new things that distract me from my
> non-profit right now, sorry.  I support the idea of Free Culture House,
> obviously, and would be interested in living there someday... but I
> won't be able to pull my weight in getting it to happen.

Thanks for being up front, Karl. At the gathering on Sunday we should figure
out who has time to take a core role in organizing this house and who would be
interested in living there or helping later but not helping sooner. I'm not
going to hate anyone whichever category they fall into, since we're all doing
way too many things and we all like it that way, but we need enough people in
the first category if it's going to move forward.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at kaplowitz.org