[Ny-tech-coop] Hacker spaces

Dylan Thurston dpt at math.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 19 21:54:45 EST 2009

To pick up the old suggestion about places for people to come and
solder and such, I just learned about hacker spaces.  (I'm visiting
Toronto and heard about hackerlab.to.)  There seem to be several in
New York, of which the most active is NYCResistor.  Of course they're
not a living coop, but it seems related.

(Sorry for those who know about this already, which may well be
everyone...)

I'm also psyched about the proposed focus on free culture, which I
didn't see at any of these hacker spaces.  There's a list at
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/List_of_Hacker_Spaces .

--Dylan