[Linux-disciples] linux-disciples etiquette

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Thu Feb 10 20:56:44 EST 2005

karl sokol wrote:
> Does anybody want to offer a refresher on etiquette.
> Specifically, I am not sure of the best way to handle
> replies for long entries that have had a lot of
> conversation (e.g. 'how to get on the internet).  Is
> it best to include all of all of the relevant entries,
> answer requests for information one at a time or as a
> group, snip to make a concise narrative etc.

I think it's best to just quote those parts that you are responding
to--the archive is publicly available, so anyone who wants to read
backwards through the thread can do so on the web.

Sometimes when I'm lazy and/or rushed, I'll just "top post"--put my
comments at the top and quote the entire message chain below, but I
think that's generally disfavored.

I don't know if anyone else has other preferences, though.