[Linux-disciples] Re: Linux-disciples Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed Feb 9 13:40:16 EST 2005

You shouldn't have to run PPPOE on your computer then--that's not an issue.

Can you send us the contents of /etc/network/interfaces?

Is the router set up to do DHCP?  Or is it only looking for fixed MAC
addresses?

If it's looking for fixed MAC addresses, copy the MAC address from the
ifconfig eth0 results and put that in the router configuration, then run
dhclient eth0.