[Linux-disciples] Printing under Mandrake

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed May 12 14:15:15 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 02:08:08PM -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> I'm here at a client's site, setting up an HP LaserJet 1000
> that's connected directly to this machine via a USB port.
> Mandrake properly detected that it was an HP LJ 1000;
> it said that I should go online, download the HP firmware,
> then copy a specific file into /etc/printers. I did this,
> restarted everything, and tried to print a test page. No
> dice. Does anyone have experience with Mandrake printing? I
> feel like I'm 90% of the way there.

Hm. I never saw anything like that. You might try getting the Mandrake
OfficeJet package(s)--there's a Debian package called hpoj that I believe
has a Mandrake equivalent.  Also try searching Mandrake forums (or
linuxquestions.org) for that particular model, you'll probably find
someone who has set up that exact model.
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org