[Linux-disciples] Printing under Mandrake

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Wed May 12 14:08:08 EDT 2004

I'm here at a client's site, setting up an HP LaserJet 1000
that's connected directly to this machine via a USB port.
Mandrake properly detected that it was an HP LJ 1000;
it said that I should go online, download the HP firmware,
then copy a specific file into /etc/printers. I did this,
restarted everything, and tried to print a test page. No
dice. Does anyone have experience with Mandrake printing? I
feel like I'm 90% of the way there.

--
  President Bush: "What took place in that prison does not
represent America that I know. The America that I know is a