[*BCM*] Cop attacks Boston Critical Mass cyclist in Central Square: Follow up...

Danny Piccirillo human at thesilentnumber.me
Mon Aug 30 12:56:20 EDT 2010

Hello,

I spoke to the ACLU today and they were very professional. They
assured me that 100% of information you provide them is kept
completely confidential. The only people who would have the
information is the person you speak to, and the attourney who reviews
it. They seemed very interested, so if you decide to call them, i'm
sure they can help you. They might even have know-how on getting the
surveillance footage to make this case rock-solid.

I hope you are not feeling guilty for not obeying the erradic
officer's unwarranted order to stop. You said you knew in your heart
that you didn't stop, but you should also know that he had no right to
assault you either way and also no grounds to order you to stop. Here
is a good quote: "The first issue--whether cyclists must obey the
orders of law enforcement officers--was central to the "motion to
dismiss" hearings for Tony and Ryan. As the Court held, if the cyclist
hasn't broken a traffic law, then the cyclist can't be lawfully
arrested, and the order to pull over is itself unlawful. Therefore, if
the order is unlawful, the cyclist is not required to obey the order,
and can't be arrested for failure to comply."
- http://www.bicycling.com/news/advocacy/when-cop-says-stop

I hope you are doing well, and that things haven't been overwhelming.