[*BCM*] Cop attacks Boston Critical Mass cyclist in Central Square: Follow up...

Danny Piccirillo human at thesilentnumber.me
Sat Aug 28 18:18:17 EDT 2010

Hi Yoni,

I understand that you are hesitant about going forward with this, but
please at least call a lawyer and the ACLU. You have a good case, and
the fact that this has happened before stands strongly in our favor.
You may always regret not seeing if more could have been done, but if
you do find legal advice, you can still decide to back down.

Still, this is an incident that speaks to a larger issue, and it
should be stood up to. The abuse of power should not be tolerated, but
that isn't to say you must take the fall for us. I don't think there
is much chance of you getting bad press from this. There is too much
going against Pina, and at the very worst case, he'll keep his job,
but you will have stood up. The school admission concern is very
legitimate, though it doesn't seem like you could ever be blamed for
being assaulted. You are respectable and i don't expect to see any
articles coming out painting you as the bad guy. Either way, being the
one involved must be a very stressful experience, and we will respect
whatever choice you make.

Anyways, you might be persuaded that this is a worthy cause by the
first Google hit for Raymond Pina is about some much worse police
brutality:
http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/news/x1609354150/Pundit-claims-police-brutality-in-Cambridge

If you decide to go forward with this, you have the support of many
many new friends. Please feel free to contact me off-list for any
reason.

All the best,
.danny