No subject

Thu Apr 8 09:33:43 EDT 2010

ped for riding safely, attempted to pass a bus and was routed around it.=
 When the skinny tires hit the divet, he most likely lost control as the=
 bike "snapped" into the street, forcing him into a collision course with=
 the bus. But this is all conjecture. Honestly, I think the skinny-rimmed=
 lightweight bikes are a bad idea for the city.. there's no metal protecti=
ng you from the road or dangerous conditions.

I think the whole situation could have been avoided, but perhaps advocacy=
 for a bicycle lane to be put there would help offset the traffic and prot=
ect bicyclists from the option of passing into a dangerous road situation?

Maybe the MBTA should get public works to put markings down at the tracks=
 to warn that passing in that particular spot is dangerous?

Other ideas?

Angela Morley