[*BCM*] grim scenes saturday... any news?

Greg Howard greg.howard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:19:30 EDT 2009

once again, Turtle, you are taking it far too far.  The precise same
statements could be made about seat belts -- I've never had occasion
to be saved by one, and there are extreme situations in which it could
conceivably be dangerous -- but not wearing them is just dumb.  You
don't "need" a seat belt to travel from A to B, either.

These arguments don't make sense.  Humans lived for centuries without
vaccination or clean water, too, and there are plenty of 90-year-old
smokers who haven't gotten lung cancer.  That means nothing.  Helmets
are protective.

as I've also sad before, however, that doesn't mean that helmets are
*the* key to safety of bicyclists -- far from it.

greg