[*BCM*] grim scenes saturday... any news?

Turtle turtle at thewiseturtle.com
Sun Aug 2 15:08:35 EDT 2009

Fact is that I've been riding a bike for nearly 40 years and never,
ever hit my head, nor needed a helmet.  Anyone who says otherwise is
just being irrational.  We humans biked for a century without helmets,
and a whole country of humans in Europe do so as well.

No one "needs" a helmet to travel from point A to point B.  It's
simply a potentially useful device (and potentially harmful one, as
well) that some people choose to use.

But you're free to believe whatever you wish.  And if you believe a
helmet is necessary for you to go from here to there, then I encourage
you to put it on as soon as you wake up in the morning, in case
someone crashes through your front gate and into your home and hits
you on the head.

-Turil
who is always amused at the ridiculousness that some people bother to
actually write down...