[*BCM*] WANTED: photo of the new "health insurance" bus campign of hit cyclist

michaela michaelamcs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:38:00 EDT 2008

I just saw this ad for the first time, it is unbelievably offensive! I'm so
disgusted.
Sadly, no picture though... good luck!

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Jeffrey Rosenblum <rosenblum.jeff at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> The Massachusetts Health Connector, an arm of the MA Department of Health
> and Human Services, just released an advertizement campaigh for health
> insurance, but picked an absolutely abhorrent image which absolutely sends
> the wrong message about health and transportation. Having a bus riding
> around Boston looking as if it has just run over a bicyclist is counter
> productive. This is an assault on the bicycling community and will not be
> tolerated. Especially with the Secretary of Transportation Cohen and
> Secretaty of Health Bigby recently collaborating about the connections
> between health and transportation, and a commitment for their agencies to
> better collaborate, this is an embarassment.
>
> Below is one of the campaign posters inside the MBTA subway cars:
> http://livablestreets.info/files/healthadbike1.jpg
>
> I hear rumor there is one (presumably more) MBTA buses with a "wraparound"
> advertizement that shows an image similar to the one above, but it looks
> like the real bus has just run over a bicyclist. I NEED A PHOTOGRAPH OF THIS
> ASAP! If anyone can snap a photo with your phone or camera and email it to
> me, that would be great. And the first person who does I will thank them
> with a free "ditch your car" T-shirt.
> http://www.livablestreets.info/node/672
>
> LivableStreets Alliance is working hard to resolve this issue asap and
> have this advertizing campaign recalled.
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff
> Co-founder and President
> LivableStreets Alliance
> livablestreets.info

"Authoritarian, paralysing, circular, occasionally elliptical, stock
phrases, also jocularly referred to as nuggets of wisdom, are a malignant
plague, one of the very worst ever to ravage the earth."