[*BCM*] Longfellow / Cambridge Bike Police

Rob Arnold rsarnold at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:56:19 EDT 2008

My original post was about the potential harm of a bike versus a car, and
calling for enforcement that mirrored that factor. Maybe your point is that
that kind of layered enforcement is already in place. But, honestly, I don't
see it. You can call it whining if you want. Nevertheless, it's a
miscalculation of the city's needs to focus on cycle-traps, without also
focusing to a greater degree on other rampant violations. Violations that
have the potential to do more harm. Until there's a visible crackdown on
other infractions, cyclists will continue "whining." And I think with some
fairness, since it's their lives being endangered by the lack of enforcement
in other areas.