[*BCM*] Drunk driver gets 10 1/2 years for killing cyclist

Jym Dyer jym at econet.org
Fri Jan 25 16:15:47 EST 2008

> She got caught driving drunk once, and her license was
> taken away. Not convinced at this point that driving drunk
> was a bad idea, she decided to do it again without the
> benefit of a driver's license this time.
>
> She killed someone.

=v= The situation is even worse, because there are plenty of
judges around who are lenient on dangerous drivers (not just
the drunks) because the offender "needs" to drive.  The drunk
and bad drivers I'm acquainted with only had their licenses
taken away after multiple offenses.

=v= And they all went on to drive anyway.  Personally I think
they need to have their cars taken away as well.
    <_Jym_>