[*BCM*] Thoughts about Denver?

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Thu Jan 24 22:04:56 EST 2008

Hi, BCM'ers.  I seek your advice...
I'll be living in Denver, CO for three weeks starting this February
for work.  The hotel I'm at is only a few miles from the office, so
I'd rather bike to work.  I've got some questions for the list:

* Is Denver a bikeable place?  I'll be in the southern suburbs, if
that matters.  I also used to bike a lot in NYC so I can handle
pretty much any sort of road conditions.  This is my first time in
Denver so I'd like to sight-see, go to museums, etc.  Is there a
reasonable public transportation network, or will I need a car on
weekends?

* I need a bike for three weeks.  Are there any reasonably-priced
choices for bike rental?  A co-worker in the same situation bought a
bike, used it for a month, then sold it on Craigslist.  Anybody have
friends with a loaner bike I could rent?

Thanks in advance,
--Casey C.