[*BCM*] Drunk driver gets 10 1/2 years for killing cyclist

jasmine laietmark jasmine at bikesnotbombs.org
Fri Jan 25 11:33:35 EST 2008

eric wrote:
"That said, I also advocate 10 year prison terms for such crimes as
failing to use a directional and driving while being a cabbie."

i would like to briefly point out the irony of making light, for even but a
moment, ten years in prison. The prison system is not a light matter either.
The quoted eric might concur given another thing he just wrote: "I have zero
faith in law enforcement or our justice system." a serious statement!

i don't mean to wag my finger, but... how do i say it briefly... prisons are
not ok.
again this topic pops up on this list. not the most appropriate space for a
thorough discussion- but the irony was too much not to mention. and this
<critical mass> is a group with strong (mostly smart) energy- and often,
wagging fingers.