[*BCM*] Drunk driver gets 10 1/2 years for killing cyclist

Jim Leonard jim_bcm at xuth.net
Thu Jan 24 19:46:40 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 06:33:06PM -0500, Eric A. Stratton wrote:
> 10.5 years is so little for the cost of a human life.  This is

And yet 10.5 years might as well be a yet another lifetime.  This isn't
rehabilitation, this is vengence.  Jail is a deterrent, but at some point
you have diminishing returns.  Putting her in jail doesn't bring back a
life and probably hurts many others.  It is arguably making the world
safer but isn't there a better way?

I don't know that I have the right answer, but I can't see putting
someone in prison for 10 years doing anybody any good.

--jim