[*BCM*] Thoughts, or what was the thinking at MIT and....

Hiroyuki G Yamada hyamada at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 7 19:14:28 EST 2008

Keep In mind though, that MIT wasn't in session at this point -- Finals
were over the 21st and most people students gone by the 22nd or 23rd. The
remaining grad students etc were probably a minuscule proportion of the
usual traffic in the infinite corridor and this was probably taken into
consideration when the ride through MIT was suggested. Also, with only 30
riders (if the article is to be trusted on that count) it also wouldn't
have been as bad. Probably not the best of ideas on a friday in the middle
of term, with 300+ riders, to go traipsing through a corridor, but in that
particular instance, I can't imagine that it was too much trouble.

As for the article, it sounds like he wanted to get as "good" of an
article out (his standard for good might have been exciting or "wham pow,"
vs an actual editorially accurate and well-written piece) with as little
work -- just trolling around on wikipedia could have given him the
information he posted. Given how responsive Boston's CM list was, it
certainly seems that he could have gotten a more in-depth look at our
particular ride.

(Perhaps written up a blurb about the arrest over at Harvard Square in the
(I think) October ride?)

--Yuki