[*BCM*] Scooters in the bike lanes

. nevele symboliceon at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 03:41:12 EDT 2007

who the hell cares about scooters? i pass them like anyone else on a bike, so obviously i just see them as other cyclists.. tho slower and lazier. the bike lane serves three purposes for drivers: 1 - a place to drive slowly in order to find a parking spot. 2 - a reeeeally large area in which they can throw their driver's side door open without having to worry about other cars taking it out. 3 - they can double park in the bike lane without having to worry about getting a ticket as the BTD has a very limited understanding of things.

i guess my point is that roads with bike lanes aren't actually all that much safer for cyclists. the room on the road is nice and all, but i think the best way to take control of the situation regarding cyclists vs. everyone else would be to press for legislation that would include cyclist awareness in the tests folks have to take in order to gain a license for their motor vehicles.