[*BCM*] Scooters in the bike lanes

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon red at mit.edu
Fri Sep 21 21:54:20 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 09:23:26PM -0400, ThoM3 at aol.com wrote:

> I was NOTin Inman (or not in a conflict there anyhow) this AM-I will  say for
> the 2ND TIME. This was Cent Sq at 530PM. The guy gave me the same  response
> as you articulate. He also tried to move to the right ontop of me,  without
> looking or signaling. Failry reckless and dangerous, considering bulk  and the
> machine has hot parts.

Whoah, sorry if I wasn't clear, I just thought it was interesting that it
was a similar situation. I didn't mean to upset you.

> I think the law you cited said they are not to go over 20 MPH.

25, I believe, but yes.

> The question is, why ride something lame like a moped when you can ride a
> bike? Better for you, better for the environment and cars and bikers will like
> you better.

I normally do ride a bike, year-round. I recently had surgery and can't
walk, as I mentioned before. So... I tried to find the best alternative.
I hope to be back on my bike in a few months.  So... I'm riding a moped
because I _can't_ ride a bike. :)

-r.