[*BCM*] Scooters in the bike lanes

ThoM3 at aol.com ThoM3 at aol.com
Fri Sep 21 21:23:26 EDT 2007

I was NOTin Inman (or not in a conflict there anyhow) this AM-I will  say for
the 2ND TIME. This was Cent Sq at 530PM. The guy gave me the same  response
as you articulate. He also tried to move to the right ontop of me,  without
looking or signaling. Failry reckless and dangerous, considering bulk  and the
machine has hot parts.

I think the law you cited said they are not to go over 20 MPH.

The question is, why ride something lame like a moped when you can ride a
bike? Better for you, better for the environment and cars and bikers will like
you better.

In a message dated 9/21/2007 9:12:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, red at mit.edu
writes:

On Fri,  Sep 21, 2007 at 09:04:20PM -0400, ThoM3 at aol.com wrote:

>  That was Not me in Inman Sq... and the guy was weaving to pass on the
right
> (you are right) without signaling.

I tend to think  that not signaling, on a bike or on a moped, is lame.
It's probably  especially lame on a moped where you can't read the rider's
body language  as well. (I wondered if you were that person; I used the
bike lane briefly  and a cyclist yelled at me "It's a bike lane!" He was
stymied by my  response "It's legal under 50cc." I figured it might be the
sort of thing  to provoke this question.)

> I think motorized vehicles are  too big and too fast to be in the bike lane

> period

Well,  you're welcome to your opinion. If you haven't tried riding a
moped in bike  lanes in Boston, I recommend trying it out; my opinion
is different based  on that experience.

All the same, I am looking forward to when I am  capable of riding again. ;)

-r.