[*BCM*] Bostoncriticalmass Digest, Vol 39, Issue 17

michaela michaelamcs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:28:39 EDT 2007

I hate it when people ride on the sidewalk too, but I am pretty sure that it
is legal except in specific areas (example: Harvard Square, Central Square)
that have a lot of foot traffic.

On 9/19/07, ian schwartz <hankpiece at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bikes are NOT allowed to ride on the sidewalk in any area. You can't
> use it as a way to go the wrong way down a one-way street or to get
> around slow traffic. I mean you can, but you run the risk of getting
> ticketed.
>
> This morning I was waiting for the bus to work (unfortunately I work
> too far away to ride). A girl came around the corner on her mountain
> bike, riding on the sidewalk, and almost hit me. I love my bike and I
> love cycling but I hate when people ride on the sidewalk. It's really
> dangerous and inconsiderate too.

"Authoritarian, paralysing, circular, occasionally elliptical, stock
phrases, also jocularly referred to as nuggets of wisdom, are a malignant
plague, one of the very worst ever to ravage the earth."