[*BCM*] Bostoncriticalmass Digest, Vol 39, Issue 17

ian schwartz hankpiece at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:23:00 EDT 2007

Bikes are NOT allowed to ride on the sidewalk in any area. You can't
use it as a way to go the wrong way down a one-way street or to get
around slow traffic. I mean you can, but you run the risk of getting
ticketed.

This morning I was waiting for the bus to work (unfortunately I work
too far away to ride). A girl came around the corner on her mountain
bike, riding on the sidewalk, and almost hit me. I love my bike and I
love cycling but I hate when people ride on the sidewalk. It's really
dangerous and inconsiderate too.