[*BCM*] reconsider routes to prevent public safety threat

Jeremy Chase jchase at chaselimited.com
Sun Sep 2 12:21:59 EDT 2007

Karen,

I can absolutely identify with your point of view, but I also relate
to the responses you have received so far. I ride my bikes every day
for local transport, but will drive when I am leaving the city or am
moving garishly large cargo.

The dangerous condition that resulted from the gridlock, in my mind,
is the lesser of the problems here. I'm not foolish enough to think
that the bikes weren't causing gridlock while blocking intersections,
but any true gridlock(blocked streets) at other intersections was
caused by automobiles that decided to block the intersection, just as
we decided to block our intersections.

I believe the larger problem is the ineffective way CM communicates
with the public, and the animosity created. We want people to see
bikes as transportation, but the most education we give to people who
ask is a terse shout. I suppose these thoughts are more for other CM
riders, but I'm starting to think that when asked we should stop,
talk, and educate..

Jeremy Chase

Jeremy Chase
Founder, Chase Software Limited Inc.