[*BCM*] reconsider routes to prevent public safety threat

Eric Mearns ericmearns at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 15:30:33 EDT 2007

Karen,
Your issue is with automobiles and motorists.  Without them, gridlock
is impossible.
I realize this sounds simplistic, but so is taking non-motorists to
task because you saw a traffic jam.
I don't think anybody wants an ambulance or a firetruck to be delayed.
 All the more reason to ride a bike instead of taking up an absurd
amount of space by driving a car.
Also, the mission of the Mass is not to piss of as many people as
possible.  If it were, we be so far away from achieving the mission
that most of the ridership would have already left to join the
Westboro Baptist Church.  Riding bicycles doesn't really piss off
anybody except for the occasional cab driver.
Anyway, you should ride with us next month, you'd like it.  And I also
think you should ditch that car of yours, it's holding you back, man.
Motorist Karen seems kind of like an uptight middle school librarian
with little regard for youthful exuberance, whereas Bicyclist Karen
seems more like a laid back older sister who has cool Fleetwood Mac
posters in her room and buys beer for her underage siblings.  I want
to party with Bicyclist Karen, not Motorist Karen!