[*BCM*] Politics

Lisa Williams lisa at cadence90.com
Mon Oct 8 23:40:41 EDT 2007

I assume that "lurkers" is a reference to the fact that most lists have
a large proportion of people who might be described as "read only
members," that is, people who subscribe to the list to read the posts
but rarely write one. "Lurker" is a term that's in fairly wide use to
describe a basic fact of most online communities. As a former MB board
member and largely read-only member of the BCM list, I fall into this
category, but I don't find LP's categorization or the word "lurker"
offensive, just descriptive.

Despite the fact that I have delurked from the vast misty ether
enveloping the series of tubes we know and love as our dear Internets, I
can't answer the question, either ;->

-- Lisa Williams