[*BCM*] Politics

robert fine countrybob at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 23:09:56 EDT 2007

Lee, can you elaborate on what you mean by calling Massbike members who read
this list, "lurkers"? Obviously it's a snarky remark that sounds cool, and
I'm not saying this as some sort of "phantom politeness enforcer" because we
are acquainted. Massbike works hard to advocate these important policies and
I as a citizen spoke out at this past summer's state house hearings in
support of the Bicycle Safety Bill. While I'm putting my cards on the table
so to speak, I'd like you "lurkers of the streets  of Boston" to know that
it is very difficult to advocate any improvements in bicycling conditions to
politicians and public officials when there are vast numbers of bikers in
Boston who totally ignore the traffic laws. So we are in fact making a
presence on this website solicit your collaboration in these efforts and
yes,  maybe influence you conform a little bit to our ways of bicycling.