[*BCM*] Politics

Lee Peters leepeters at gis.net
Tue Oct 9 09:36:23 EDT 2007

Yes, What Lisa said.

    I enjoy the dual roles of CM and MB.  The MB people have their ways of working - which by some accounts is quite successful.  Some on CM find MB to be _____ (insert criticism here).  I have been critical of MB in the past (go back in the digest) but I decided to stop doing that.  I also enjoy your presence on 'our' list - you always have clarification of the rules that help everyone.  You might take it as flattery that I even asked you - knowing you are the experts on such questions.  I might assume however, that based on MassBike's regular criticism, that its members prefer virtual participation of Critical Mass only.

    Have you ever wondered about the joy of riding in such a safe place as the crowd of Critical Mass, MONTHLY!?  Or the joy of looking up at the buildings and sky instead of looking out for the next belligerent taxi driver? CM is hacking into a system of rules, culture, and public spaces that are organized without accommodation of bikers.  It is similar to throwing a brick through a window, without the violence or property damage.