[*BCM*] Critical Mess?

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon rachel at akrasiac.org
Tue Dec 4 11:22:57 EST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 10:58:02AM -0500, Jeff Young wrote:
> Greetings fellow mischief makers,
>
> I saw this link and can't remember if this has gone around yet, or not; but,
> it's fairly in-depth:
> http://www.bicycling.com/article/1,6610,s-3-12-16552-1,00.html?cm_mmc=Bicycling%20NL-_-2007_12_04-_-News-_-CriticalMass
>
> Let me know what you think...

I really liked the article, thanks for sharing it. I found this sentence
interesting: "The strength of Critical Mass--nobody in control--may
also be its most profound shortcoming." The story about how it worked
in London sounded really positive, though.

> Jees, it sure has been quiet on this thread--where'd all those rowdy scooter
> folks go?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm recovered and back on my bike as
of about a month ago. I don't miss the scooter at all, except for its
ability to carry a second person; clearly I need a tandem.

-r.