[*BCM*] Bike Law.

? ? iqdance at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:11:37 EDT 2007

but for now, dont get bend out of shape, if get killed, by not following the
current ones....
want to put me in jail, cause u r going above the speed u can stop@, when i
choose to open my car door w/out looking in the mirror???  is it a criminal
offence, councelor's son?

On 4/7/07, turtle <turtle at zworg.com> wrote:

> Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:
>
> > we need a new set of laws for cyclists that actually makes sense.
> there's NO
> > point in taking the local driver's test and trying to apply that to
> people
> > riding bikes. "Two wheels or four, the law is the same."   uhhh, no. no
> it
> > isn't. it's a completely different situation for cyclists. we need to be
> > taken seriously by motorists, but that doesn't mean that we need to
> follow
> > the same laws that they don't even follow half of the time, particularly
> > when said laws put us in harms way.
>
> Creating laws is a messy process, and we need all the help we can get.
> How do you think we should go about figuring out what laws to apply to
> which vehicle operators?  And is your overall goal?  Safety?
> Convenience?  Fairness?  Sustainability?  Accessability?  Something
> else?
>
> The more people who work on coming up with better ideas, the better our
> solutions will be.  So everyone else should feel free to chime in too
> :-)
>
> Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
> -Turtle
>

> ----------------------------------
> A human being is a part of the whole, called by us 'universe,' a part
> limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
> feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical
> delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
> restricting us to our personal decisions and to affection fo a few
> persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this
> prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
> creatures and the whole nature in its beauty."
>
> ~Albert Einstein

Out of98common activities studied including many sports,reading,board
games,crossword puzzles, singing, acting,playing an instrument,listening to
music,using computers, working out,aerobics, bicycling,bowling,etcONLY
BALLROOM DANCINGwas effective at staving off the  progression ofAlzheimers
disease.It  is postulated that the combination of exercise learning of step
patterns& social interaction confers this remarkable preventive power to
dancers! Dance improves our memory by making us recall steps, routines and
dance patterns making it a great mental exercise for our brains. The big
benefit is that increasing mental exercise keeps your mind young, quick,
alert and open."There is nothing more notable about Socrates than that he
found time to learn music and dancing, and thought it was time well
spent."If I am what I have&if I lose what I have who then am I? only truly
affluent are those who do not want more than they have.