[*BCM*] Bike Law.

Kvn tibbit at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 17:54:10 EDT 2007

obviously you've never been on a bicycle. don't think you should be posting
here. even if you are going at a speed where you can stop suddenly, the
sudden movement of a car door opening is STILL going to be a shock. and
thankly there is a law on the cyclists side for just that. of course no one
intentionally opens their door into a biker, it is an accident, the driver
didn't think of looking, or whatever, but still yes, not jail no, but a fine
yes.

On 4/7/07, ? ? <iqdance at gmail.com> wrote:

> but for now, dont get bend out of shape, if get killed, by not following
> the current ones....
> want to put me in jail, cause u r going above the speed u can stop@, when
> i choose to open my car door w/out looking in the mirror???  is it a
> criminal offence, councelor's son?
>

> On 4/7/07, turtle <turtle at zworg.com> wrote:
> >

> > Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org > wrote:
> >
> > > we need a new set of laws for cyclists that actually makes sense.
> > there's NO
> > > point in taking the local driver's test and trying to apply that to
> > people
> > > riding bikes. "Two wheels or four, the law is the same."   uhhh, no.
> > no it
> > > isn't. it's a completely different situation for cyclists. we need to
> > be
> > > taken seriously by motorists, but that doesn't mean that we need to
> > follow
> > > the same laws that they don't even follow half of the time,
> > particularly
> > > when said laws put us in harms way.
> >
> > Creating laws is a messy process, and we need all the help we can get.
> > How do you think we should go about figuring out what laws to apply to
> > which vehicle operators?  And is your overall goal?  Safety?
> > Convenience?  Fairness?  Sustainability?  Accessability?  Something
> > else?
> >
> > The more people who work on coming up with better ideas, the better our
> > solutions will be.  So everyone else should feel free to chime in too
> > :-)
> >
> > Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
> > -Turtle
> >

> > ----------------------------------
> > A human being is a part of the whole, called by us 'universe,' a part
> > limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
> > feelings, as something separate from the rest - a kind of optical
> > delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
> > restricting us to our personal decisions and to affection fo a few
> > persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this
> > prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
> > creatures and the whole nature in its beauty."
> >
> > ~Albert Einstein
> >

> --
> Out of98common activities studied including many sports,reading,board
> games,crossword puzzles, singing, acting,playing an instrument,listening to
> music,using computers, working out,aerobics, bicycling,bowling,etcONLY
> BALLROOM DANCINGwas effective at staving off the  progression ofAlzheimers
> disease.It  is postulated that the combination of exercise learning of
> step patterns& social interaction confers this remarkable preventive power
> to dancers! Dance improves our memory by making us recall steps, routines
> and dance patterns making it a great mental exercise for our brains. The big
> benefit is that increasing mental exercise keeps your mind young, quick,
> [...]

CEO, Canine Catwalk
Xriva Gvoovggf