[*BCM*] The bike that Cannondale gave to Bush

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Fri Nov 24 18:51:33 EST 2006

Now, I'm no fan of Bush, and while I don't own a Cannondale, I did grow up in
Connecticut and my wife rides a 'dale.  That's neither here nor there.

The point is: the more people with power who ride bikes, the better it is for us
cyclists.  I don't care if its a president I don't like or a city councillor for
an adjacent town for whom I can't vote -- if Cannondale helps those people in
power become more avid cyclists, then Cannondale helps all cyclists by helping
those in power think about things from the point of view of the cyclist.

I'd hope that Cannondale would give free bikes to as many politicians as will
take them, on any side of the aisle.  It can only help make cycling easier for
all of us in the long run.  At worst, it couldn't hurt.

 - stomv

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv

Quoting "A. Rubin" <aaron at arubin.net>:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C70F19.FD5825C0
>
> So this is good to know. Cannondale links its fortunes to the guy
> that sent
> 2,800 Americans to their needless deaths in Iraq, not to mention
> 20,000
> devastating injuries and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi
> civilians.
>
> Well, keep your bikes. “American made” or not, I won’t buy ‘em.
>
> Aaron Rubin
> New York, NY

> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Pedaling-President.html
>

> Bush Transforms Into Avid Mountain Biker
>
> By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
> Published: November 23, 2006

''He's an avid rider, a fanatic,'' said Matt Mannelly, president of