[*BCM*] The bike that Cannondale gave to Bush

A. Rubin aaron at arubin.net
Thu Nov 23 16:11:10 EST 2006

So this is good to know. Cannondale links its fortunes to the guy that sent
2,800 Americans to their needless deaths in Iraq, not to mention 20,000
devastating injuries and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi civilians.

Well, keep your bikes. “American made” or not, I won’t buy ‘em.

Aaron Rubin
New York, NY

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Pedaling-President.html

Bush Transforms Into Avid Mountain Biker

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: November 23, 2006

''He's an avid rider, a fanatic,'' said Matt Mannelly, president of Bethel,
Conn.-based Cannondale, who hadn't publicized but confirmed what he called
an unsolicited gift to Bush a month ago. ''We also made it very clear we
wouldn't do anything to market this [except of course give an interview to
the NYTimes]. To give it to someone like the president, who's actually going
to use it a lot, means a lot to us.''

Means a lot to us, too, Matt.