[*BCM*] about building a new one..

. nevele symboliceon at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:26:30 EST 2006

after riding my new fixie around for less than a week i'm totally hooked and
will likely never ride any other way. frak, i rode my bmx (parts.. parts..
more parts) from my front door to the basement today and felt like the thing
was totally out of control when i stopped pedaling and the freewheel kicked
in.

i want to convert my old mountain bike in to a fixie for the winter. it's
likely that i'll need a new frame (unless i can find a cheaper way to have
someone fix the crack in the frame) but my main problem is that i have no
idea how to strip all of the gears from the original wheel and insert a cog.
i know i sound like a newb but i don't really care; i'm fixated on fixies
and i want to make this happen despite the fact that i have no idea what i'm
doing. =p i started looking up info online tonight but haven't gotten much
thus far, so if any of you have info regarding resources that i should check
out please let me know.

any info would be extremely appreciated.

-jib