[*BCM*] long New Yorker article on Critical Mass

Lisa Williams lisa at cadence90.com
Tue Nov 14 16:26:06 EST 2006

I enjoyed the article, despite the occasional audible clinkers.
Journalists are generally jacks of all trades, masters of none, which
means that when we read an article about something we know a lot about,
we always notice bigger or smaller inaccuracies or weird
interpretations.  I'm assuming the "Holy Rollers" title was written by
an editor and not by the writer, and was chosen for its cutesy twang.

I did like how the article focused on the "squeezing" of cyclists in the
civic landscape, between motorists who want them off the street, and
pedestrians who want them off the sidewalks, and motorists and
pedestrians, both of whom occupy bike lanes with impunity despite the
fact that that will create more cyclists on "their" space.

--
Lisa Williams
lisa at cadence90.com
Google Talk: lisatmh

http://www.placeblogger.com
The Journalism & Lived Experience of Real Places on the Web
Get in on the Placeblogger.com alpha: email lisa at cadence90.com

Places I blog:
Lisa Williams' Blog:
http://www.cadence90.com/wp/

H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
http://h2otown.info