[*BCM*] Massachusetts Bicycle and Turtles!

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Wed Jun 28 19:18:43 EDT 2006

Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0156_01C69AB1.E12D5050
>
> Even though I may have started this, I politely disagree with Ian.  The =
> debate is amusing, but shouldn't necessarily go away.  I guess I was =
> looking for a little identity among the two sides.  Turtle's general =
> advocacy for niceness, may be very good to temper the tempers of CM.  =
> Turtle doesn't really ride CM (or does she??), but I like the voice of =
> cooperation.

 Thanks!

I used to ride in CM regularly, first back in the early 90s when it
started, and then in the late 90s and early 00s.  Then I got kind of
frustrated with the aggressiveness and stopped going.  I think the last
one I went on was the memorial ride for Dana Laird.

I also stopped biking altogether for a couple of years when I was
working at MassBike, because I was too engrossed in seeing the bad
stuff everywhere from everyone.  It drove me crazy.  So I left and took
a biking break.  Now I'm more balanced emotionally (having done a lot of
research on burnout, activism, Buddhism, sociology and psychology) and
have started biking a bit again (it's only a mile to work) last fall.
So that's my story.

> These lists are really like the radio, you get to change the station, =
> but not change the content.

Yep.  Actually, that's pretty much life in general.

> (my secret agenda is to make people laugh, or laugh when Godwin's Law is =
> evoked) =20

I swear that last time it wasn't really at all about Mr. H.!

-Turtle