[*BCM*] Motorist gets slap on the wrist for killing a cyclist

Jym Dyer jym at econet.org
Sun Dec 3 04:30:15 EST 2006

> She did apologise.  Quite specifically.

=v= Where do you see this?  I realize the media account was
second-hand, but it seemed awfully perfunctory.

=v= Her MySpace account had a portrait of motorist entitlement,
cemented by pseudo-Xtian rationalizations.  Her remarks on the
tragedy were frankly appalling:  she showed no remorse, no
introspection, and was on this offensive with Evangelicalish
babble about people (as opposed to God) judging her.  Followups
from her friends were more or less about how she did no wrong
for Jesus-based reasons.

=v= Not to sound unGodfully judgemental or anything, but I think
someone who'd had 4 motor vehicle-related brushes with the law,
one resulting in a fatality, ought to have something on her mind
other than Ford-vs.-Chevy jokes.

=v= Alas, that thread was locked to friends-only by the time the
link reached this listserv.
    <_Jym_>