[*BCM*] $10/hr: help needed for BIKE FESTIVAL outreach

Jeffrey Rosenblum JRosenblum at tellus.org
Thu Sep 1 18:27:44 EDT 2005

GET PAID $10/HR TO HELP!
EMAIL jeff at bikethehub.org or CALL 617-939-3824 for more information.

Boston's HUB ON WHEELS Citywide Ride and Festival will be happening Sunday September 25, 2005. This is an incredibly important event for the bicycle advocacy community as we hope it to be the turning point for support for bicycling from within Mayor Menino's office.

http://www.hubonwheels.org for more information (use coupon code grpje to get a 40% discount on registration).

WE NEED HELP GETTING THE WORD OUT!
GET PAID $10/HR TO HELP!

We will have a flyering station set up at various high-bicycle-traffic areas next week Tuesday through Thursday. And then on Sunday. Let me know if you are interested in any of the shifts below:

SHIFT 1: Tuesday September 6 7:30am - 9:30am (Longfellow Bridge)
SHIFT 2: Tuesday September 6 4:30pm - 6:30pm (Esplanade by Mass Ave Bridge)
SHIFT 3: Wednesday September 7 7:30am - 9:30am (Mass Ave Bridge)
SHIFT 4: Wednesday September 7 4:30pm - 6:30pm (Southwest Corridor by Ruggles)
SHIFT 5: Thursday September 8 7:30am - 9:30am (BU Bridge)
SHIFT 6: Thursday September 8 4:30pm - 6:30pm (Mass Ave Bridge)

Criteria:
- You gotta be outgoing and friendly
- You gotta like bikes
- You gotta be there on time to get paid (no exceptions)
- You gotta be able to stay for the full 2 hours

You get:
- $10/hr cash
- FREE REGISTRATION FOR THE HUB ON WHEELS BIKERIDE
- Meet great people

EMAIL jeff at bikethehub.org or call 617-939-3824 for more information.

Jeff Rosenblum
Livable Streets Transportation Alliance
http://streetsforall.org
617-939-3824

THE BIKE RIDE: Loops of 10, 15, or 40 miles travel through many of the city's most scenic parks and neignborhoods-- from a perspective you've never had before! Volunteers will be stationed throughout the route to provide assistance. Routes have been carefully designed with your safety and enjoyment in mind. Come on your own or as part of a team. There will be groups of tandem bikers, physically challenged riders, sports teams, organizational teams, and more.

REGISTER NOW! http://www.hubonwheels.org and use coupon code grpje to get 40% off registration.

THE FESTIVAL: Festival day in Franklin Park will be a magnificant celebration of bike riding, healthy eating, creative arts, and city life. Something for everyone: games, short kid and family bike rides, cycling sculptures and music, workshops, informational sessions, bike arts, music, food, bike products, and more. THE FESTIVAL IS FREE even if you don't register for the ride.