[*BCM*] drinking on the mass

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Mon Oct 31 13:20:31 EST 2005

Quoting puppy <towhombeautyistruth at riseup.net>:

> .anyone that has attended the past two masses might have noticed at
> least four  or five people drinking on the ride  .that said, i'd like to
> submit these pros and cons to the group
>
> .my question to the group is how do we feel about this?

It's a CM, so nobody sets policy, rules, etc.  That being said, I would
discourage drinking during the ride or immediately preceeding the ride.  It's
illegal to ride on the roads with a blood alcohol content greater than .08 .
It's fun to drink, and its fun to ride -- but it's clearly less safe TO
EVERYBODY INVOLVED if some riders are intoxicated.

I'd hope that the folks doing so would hold off on the booze until the ride ends.

 - stomv

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv