[*BCM*] bike cops

Eric Mearns ericmearns at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 02:00:02 EST 2005

Forgive me if this topic has already been discussed in this forum, but
what's the deal with those bike cop mass rides?  I saw one on Dudley
Street in Roxbury on Friday evening, about 25 bike cops riding down
the street blowing their whistles and getting really hoss with any
motorist who got near them.  If these guys can so clearly demonstrate
that cyclists belong on the road, then why do other Boston pigs, with
presumably identical job descriptions, and enforcing identical laws,
routinely tell me to "stop blocking traffic" or to "get off the road"?

Also, it's really interesting that the Boston Police Department
dispatches bicycle cops to ride in mass through our city, while the
New York City Police Department dispatches pigs to physically harm
civilians who do so in theirs.

-EM