[*BCM*] sycle

Jon Niehof jon_niehof at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 10:11:39 EDT 2005

--- Thomas John Vitolo <tjvitolo at bu.edu> wrote:

> In terms of the law, operating a bicycle on the road makes it
> behave like a car, and is subject to all of the operating
rules
> that apply to cars.

Not really; it's a *vehicle* not a car and there are some
differences--just much smaller than the differences between
vehicular cycling and rolling pedestrianism. Registration,
licensing, equipment come to mind (or are you drawing that
distinction with "operating"?) I'm certainly happy to be
permitted the use of flashing lights.