[*BCM*] sycle

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Mon Jun 13 08:47:10 EDT 2005

Having read the link, and also having known Andrew Fischer, I think Andy's right
-- you DO have to stop when riding opposite a school bus with STOP extended
(divided highways excluded, of course).

In terms of the law, operating a bicycle on the road makes it behave like a car,
and is subject to all of the operating rules that apply to cars.  Traffic
lights, stop signs, yields, speed limits, turn signals, etc.

I'm not suprised that the cops were wrong -- they tend to be woefully
underinformed regarding cycling laws.  MassBike is working to change that.

 - stomv

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv