[*BCM*] sycle

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Mon Jun 13 10:18:22 EDT 2005

I was drawing the distinction with operating, but you do raise some codified
differences -- flashing lights, etc.

Perhaps I should try again:
in terms of the law, operating a bicycle on the road requires the operator to
obey all rules applying to the operation of an automobile, unless explicitly
claimed in the code.

This gets around the 'flashing lights' problem, and using 'operating' gets
around regestration, licensing, etc.

 - stomv

> Not really; it's a *vehicle* not a car and there are some
> differences--just much smaller than the differences between
> vehicular cycling and rolling pedestrianism. Registration,
> licensing, equipment come to mind (or are you drawing that
> distinction with "operating"?) I'm certainly happy to be
> permitted the use of flashing lights.

> > In terms of the law, operating a bicycle on the road makes it
> > behave like a car, and is subject to all of the operating
> > rules that apply to cars.

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv