[*BCM*] sycle

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Mon Jun 13 08:17:08 EDT 2005

So I am riding to work this morning on Washington St. in the South End.  A
school bus stops and puts out the flappy metal 'stop' sign.  I stop and wait
on the left side of the bus.  A group of half a dozen motorcycle cops pull
up and stop next to me.  A policeman says to me "hey, bicycles don't have to
stop".  I replied "I just stop anyway".  In my head I used the special
expletive reserved for the police.  How would I ever explain mowing over a 5
year old...."the cops said I could".  I break a few laws in my travels, but
that one seems a bit obvious.