[*BCM*] CAR FREE INTERVIEW REQUEST

Jeffrey Rosenblum JRosenblum at tellus.org
Mon Jul 25 12:55:21 EDT 2005

Subject:         MEDIA INQUIRY: reporter seeks car-free success stories
From:            Chris Balish <CBalish at ksdk.gannett.com>
Send reply to:   CBalish at ksdk.gannett.com

Hi, folks.
I am a reporter with Gannett Co, Inc. (www.Gannett.com), and I'm
doing
research on living car-free.  Could you please forward this email to
anyone who is living car-free in the United States?  I would be most
appreciative.

I am looking for car-free success stories. Specifically, I am looking
for people who do not own a car and live in the United States or
Canada. If that description fits you, please email me your thoughts
on
living without a car.  It can be long or short, but please try to hit
on at least a couple of the following topics:

-why do you live car-free
-how you get around
-how much money are you saving (please be as specific as possible)
-how has living car-free helped your personal finances -what is the
pay-off for living without a car -are you helping the environment
-were you afraid to give up your car -what are your thoughts on
public
transit -how has living car-free affected your social life -how do you
accomplish simple errands like grocery shopping -do you ever rent
cars, and why -how do people react when you tell them you're car-
free
-did you do a trial run before going car-free -do you have more free
time or less since going car-free -what car-free hobbies and interests
do you recommend -do you recommend car-free living to others and
why
-what are the challenges of car-free living -what's the best part and
worst part of car-free life -can anyone live car-free

PLEASE EMAIL TO:  CBalish at ksdk.gannett.com
ALSO, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, CITY, CAREER
DESCRIPTION, AND AGE  if
possible. PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU
KNOW WHO LIVES
CAR-FREE. Many thanks, Chris Balish Anchor / Reporter KSDK-TV
Newschannel 5 1000 Market Street St. Louis, MO 63101 314-444-
5158
cbalish at ksdk.gannett.com www.ChrisBalish.com www.Gannett.com