[*BCM*] ArtsCentral

robin at artfromtheordinary.com robin at artfromtheordinary.com
Mon Jul 25 14:48:35 EDT 2005

All those that bike in Central Square-

There has been quite a lot of communication in this forum lately about biking in
Central Square. The cop crackdowns and tickets, the cop intervention in the ride
last month, the lanes, the safety, etc. Here is a way to get involved in Central
Square in a positive way, hopefully bringing some good bike energy back to the
Square:

ARTSCENTRAL!

ArtsCentral is a festival celebrating all the art and community in Central
Square- from music, poetry and dance, to sushi, books, and .... bikes! More
info about the event is below, but I think this festival, that will bring
people to Central Square to celebrate our community, would be a great space for
some bike activism, art bikes, critical mass-type ride, or some other bike
event. Let me know if you are interested in planning or organizing any bike
representation at the event- we would love to have you. The Busycle (a 15
person pedal powered bus!), which many of you may have heard about, will be at
the event as well. Contact robin at centralsquarecambridge.com.

a bit about the event...
You walk these streets everyday, unaware of the art that is everywhere?in your
food, your clothing, on the sidewalk, in the apartment above you.  This
September, the artists and business owners of Central Square will open their
doors and reveal the arts that comprise their everyday lives.

ArtsCentral is not to be missed!

>From sushi-rolling to fashion design, from hair artistry to the poses of yoga,
ArtsCentral will celebrate the art that exists all around us.   Unique art
forms that will be celebrated include: edible creation, silk-screening, paint
throwing, pantomime and improv comedy, hip-hop dance, instrumental music,
kinetic design, and projection among many others. Featured performances include
a Battle of the Bands hosted by Landing Party Records at the Middle East, The
Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, the Mustn?t Grumble, Pro Arte Orchestra,
theatrical presentations from the SouthCity Theatre Company, Nora Theatre
Company, Underground Railway Theater, On-e-on Dance theatre, and a fashion
show.

In addition, local artists will expose the artistic process, as they paint,
draw, and sculpt in plain view on the streets of Central Square.

What: ArtsCentral, an exploration of the hidden arts of Cambridge
When: Sunday, September 18th 12-6pm (Some performances Saturday, September 17th
5pm-11pm)
Who: Nearly 100 local businesses and artist groups
Where: Central Square, Cambridge. Event maps available soon.
Hosted by: Central Square Business Association
Website: www.centralsquarecambridge.com/artscentral.

CONTACT:
Robin Franz
Central Square Business Association