[*BCM*] October riders can light up the night!

Heidie heidie at hokeyspokes.com
Wed Oct 13 09:46:45 EDT 2004

Hi Tom et al-

I'm so sorry that my e-mail to the critical mass folks really bummed you
out.  Truth be told, I wasn't trying to do assert that the lights would
provide illuminating qualities that would improve the rider's ability to
see- I simply wanted to say that from the side, your bike is more visible to
others who are sharing the road. This includes pedestrians

As a person who is still recuperating from a broken back due to being
broadsided a few years ago, I personally believe that it is beneficial to
illuminate the side of your bike.  Heck, I'm considering EL wire for the
Oct. 29th ride.   I wrote the e-mail because so many critical mass people
have approached me about the lights that I figured they could at least use a
URL to explore the item themselves.  Again, to all who may have been
offended by what commercial aspects my e-mail had, I'm deeply apologetic.
I'll be at Bike Night at Ryles this Monday, volunteering, and I welcome any
who would like to speak to me about the posting.  Thanks.

Heidie