[Ny-tech-coop] We have a meeting time!

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at kaplowitz.org
Thu Nov 12 15:16:26 EST 2009

Hi again,

Based on the doodle poll at http://doodle.com/dbqc4apsicxn567u there is a clear
best overall time: Saturday early afternoon. (Sorry Gloria; I'm quite happy to
meet with you separately to give you a recap and hear your thoughts. There will
be many more chances to be involved in person.)

I propose meeting at 1pm. Ideally we would find somewhere that lets us eat
lunch but also gives us some workspace to spread out sheets of paper and write
on them while discussing. Thoughts for locations?

Some things that would be useful to do at this or future meetings are:

- get to know each other and get excited about interacting with each other

- group visioning exercises, to try to elaborate a shared set of goals for this
  effort

- examine all the steps in the process of developing the co-op from vague
  idea to actual occupancy, as well as the projected timeline

- look at the financial side of things in relation to our available resources
  and tax status considerations (This can be done anonymously for now, though
  at a more advanced stage in the process that won't be sufficient.)

- explore the idea of a more short-term rental starting within a few months,
  either before or after incorporating, to practice living together, develop
  a community identity, make collaboration easier, and maybe build a corporate
  credit track record

- plan two future meeting schedules, for business and for social stuff.

Your ideas would be great here too. Feel free to post to this list even if you
are not me! :) Invite anyone else who you think would be interested to attend a
meeting, subscribe to this list, or both.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at kaplowitz.org